1. (Q)When to give outside food?
Answer : Outside food can be given around 6months of age. Please refer to download section for details on weaning diet.
2. (Q)What to give apart from milk?
Answer : Try homemade food more than commercial preparations. Please refer to download section for details.
3. (Q)When to stop mother’s milk?
Answer : Mother’s milk should be stopped around 18months to 2yrs. continuing mother’s milk too long will hamper in social adaption of the baby and inability to change over to a normal adult type diet pattern.
4. (Q)Why my baby has too many cold episodes?
Answer : Few children have a tendency of getting repeated flu episodes. Explainable causes include bottle feeding, allergies to dust, fumes etc. vitamin deficiencies, unhygienic practices. Look for flu vaccine in download section.
5. (Q)What to do when my child is running a fever?
Answer : Always keep Paracetamol syrup handy and know about the dose for your child. Give it and give a good sponging from head to toe with normal water. if fever persists or is recurrent consult your doctor.
6. (Q)What to do when my child is having loose motion?
Answer : For diarrhea start ors solution and give plenty of fluid as soon as possible. if you don’t have ors packets then prepare homemade ors (1table spoon sugar, 1pinch salt added to a glass of water).you need not starve your child. consult your doctor at earliest.
7. (Q)My child has a wound, should i give toxoid injection?
Answer : A child who is taking all doses of dpt vaccine is already immunized against tetanus, so no need of extra toxoid.
8. (Q)My child has spilled hot water on body, what should i do?
Answer : Wash the part with running cold water and apply any antiseptic cream to the affected area. if the area affected is large, then consult your doctor immediately.
9. (Q)How can i stop thumb sucking in my baby?
Answer : Thumb sucking is difficult to stop. Try to pull out every time baby starts sucking. Apply bitter things like Nim or Karela paste over thumb.